Friday, August 20, 2010

My art in a musical

Tonight TheBoy and I went to see the musical "Common Ground" written by Breanne Larson & Joey Clarkson. My artwork along with the artwork of Sofie Skapski was part of the set as the scene was set in a coffee shop. The girls completely took me off guard when they announced to the audience that there was a special guest in the audience - turned out it was me! *blush*


It was an interactive set where at intermission you could go up and order drinks & treats yourself, how fun is that? Oh and before the play began we had noticed a nice comfy loveseat as part of the seating in the audience. Before the play began they said to pick a number between 1 & 40 and whoever guessed the correct number could enjoy the show from the comfy couch. Nico yelled out 17 and that was the number - score!

Here we are enjoying our Ellen Degeneres style seating...

Our friend's son was also in the play, he was dressed up in a Spiderman outfit. He was SO good, not to mention cute and funny.

The play overall was just incredible. The story, the songs, the actors...I am just blown away by the amazing talent we have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment